Late Legends is a tabletop role-playing game system. Late Legends comes with a set of rules. The point of the rules is to bring clarity, balance, and structure to the game. It is highly recommended to follow them closely, especially when starting off. However, if your group is experienced, feel free to tweak or ditch a rule or two (to increase the clarity, balance or structure). It’s your story after all.
This first section of the website is all about learning late legends. It will cover all the systems and rules that you need to know to play. Here is a list of everything in this chapter:
- Level - the stat that determines the overall power of the legend and includes information on all the benefits a legends gains per level up.
- Core stats - the six important numbers that define the legend. Core stats are Strength, Intelligence, Endurance, Agility, Sensory and Luck. Core stats are used throughout Late Legends, either direct or indirect.
- Abilities - A list of stats a legend can improve in to make ability rolls. Each Core stat has three unique abilities with their own benefit. We also go over when to use ability rolls with examples.
- Battle stats - A set of stats specifically for battle, includes things like movement (amount of tiles that can be walked) and Dodge chance (the chance you can dodge an attack). Level and Core stats make up the first bulk of battle stats, and can further be increased by equipment.
- Equipment - A legend can wear equipment to increase battle stats, both offensive and defensive. A set of equipment includes a suit of armor and 2 small or 1 big weapon. All combinations are possible and the details are explained per combination. Specifically, weapon types are useful when you select a class.
- Classes - The biggest part of Late Legends are the unique set of classes. These include unique skills from level 1 till 8. We also go over the leveling of skills.
- Cooldowns - Specifically for battle, there is a cooldown system. This determines what a legend can do at any given time in battle.
- Skills and Effects - In a class (or specific artifact) there are skills. These skills are unique, and since we have over 350 of them, it is good to explain how they work, what they do, and what effects they bring to the battlefield. This one is a bit in-depth but very useful!
- Battles - the systems come together in battle, the hectic part where these systems do most of their work. We’ll go over what a battle is, when it starts, how turns are managed and what you can do in a turn.
- Attack and defend - Late Legends has a specific flow for an attack, both the attacker and the defender can take steps to influence the outcome of an attack, it is all explained in detail here.
- Dice rolls - We’ll be using dice in Late Legends, a d100 and a d20. We’ll cover all types of dice rolls that you’ll be making in Late Legends.
- Health management - In and out of battle, a legend can take damage. We’ll cover how the battle stat Max Health is used and how Healing vs. Shielding works.
- Inventory management - There are specific sheets for inventory, we’ll cover how to use them and what the limitations are for carrying items. In some stories, it might be more fun to allow more than purposed here (keep in mind your group can skip/change rules).