Skills are the unique moves from a class. There are over 200 skills, and each of them have different effects.
Fundamentals of a skill
- Each skill requires an action cooldown:
- 1 Action (big moves)
- 1 Special (small moves)
- 1 Reaction (moves outside of their turn)
- Each skill requires an skill cooldown:
- Common (skills you can do often).
- Rare (skills you can do with a 1 round delay).
- Epic (skills you can do with a 2 round delay).
- Ultimate (a skill you may only do once in the battle).
- Detailed information on what to do in what order.
- A list of effects with their unique details.
Duration of effects:
- The default duraction of an effect is always “When used, it’s gone”.
- Longer durations are specified in stacks, meaning “When used X times, it’s gone”.
- If an effect is not used, it will remain on the target until after battle.
- Example: A Critical Chance + 10 remains on the attacker if the defender succeeds a dodge, since the attack totally missed.
Stacking of effects:
- Each effect has a source, which is the skill name.
- Effects from the same source do not stack, they will refresh.
- Effects from different sources do stack.
- A target is inflicted with an effect, that grants all attackers + 10 critical chance on critical rolls against them. The attacker has a +10 critical chance of his own, meaning he will have + 20 critical chance. when attacking the target.
- All effects on the same stat will be combined. So Power - 10 and Power - 5 results in 1 stack of Power - 15.
Effects of note:
- Summon - a special entity brought forth by the caster. A summon’s duration is based on stacks, which can be used for the effects of the summon and is also reduced by 1 when the summon takes damage. A summons stacks are reduced by 2 on critical hits. A summon is removed from the battlefield if it reaches 0 stacks. When a Summon can use an Attack, use the stats of the caster for the attack.
- Zone - a specific zone on the battlefield. The duration of this zone is based on stacks. A zone has a certain condition and will use a stack when the effect is used. The zone is removed on 0 stacks.
- Aura - Similar to a zone, but the caster is the center of the aura, thus it will move with the caster.
- Freely move - Move while ignoring all tiles with enemies in them, you must still end on a free tile.
Example A: Slayer’s Charge:
“Charge (Common) - 1 Action, Move (half Movement) and Attack (Power + 2) a target within 1m. If you dealt damage, attempt to inflict Movement - 1.”
- To activate this skill, the legend spends 1 Action and a Common cooldown.
- The skill starts with a move (using your Movement stat divided by 2, rounded down).
- The legend makes an Attack (using the normal rules for an attack, but with Power + 2).
- There is an additional effect when the legend dealt damage. The defender has to succeed a Saving roll (notice the word “attempt”) or will be inflicted with Movement - 1.
Example B: Shaman’s Leyline totem:
“Leyline totem (Epic) - 1 Action, Place a Leyline totem (4 stacks) on a free tile within 3m and Earth attack (Power + 2) all enemies within 1m of one of your summons.
~ Leyline totem (summon, 1m aura): Whenever an ally targets Leyline totem change the target to all within aura.”
- To activate this skill, the legend spends 1 Action and an Epic cooldown.
- The skill starts my placing a summon on a free tile (which can be used or damaged 4 times).
- The legend makes an Attack (using the normal rules for an attack, but dealing Earth damage and gaining Power + 2). The target(s) for this Attack is also unique since it hits all enemies within 1m of one of your summons. So the legend chooses a summon to attack enemies within 1m of it (this does not use any stacks).
- The Leyline totem is an Aura summon, this is the radius in meter(s) for it’s effect. The effect: Any ally may target the summon, if they do, it will use 1 stack of the summon, and automatically target all within the aura of 1m.
- When attacking the Leyline totem, you instead attack all around it! Keep in mind that all also means allies!.