Health is managed by each player for their legend using current health and shield. Max health serves as the maximum health a legend can have. Current health starts on max health and cannot exceed max health. Current health is decreased by damage and increases by healing.
- Healing - can only be performed outside of battle, four times per day, accompanied by a bit of rest. A heal can be the recover skill or any other skill that includes healing. After healing the current health is increased by the amount specified. In this situation the healing is combined with a bit a rest, allowing the body to actually heal and gain current health.
- Shielding - in battle, legends can shield, written separately from current health. The maximum amount of shield is the missing current health plus one healing skill. This means that shields do not stack when a legend’s current health is equal to max health, only the highest shield remains (a shield of 5 and a shield of 15, will give the legends at full health a shield of 15). In this situation, there is no time to actually restore the legend’s health. Using shield will not remove the inflicted wounds, rather the pain is lessened and the will to keep on fighting is increased.
The legend with max health 100 at full health can receive one healing skill of 15, which will grant it a shield of 15 in battle. This means the legend has current health of 100 and shield of 15. The first incoming damage is reduced by the shield. 7 damage will only decrease the shield by 7, but 20 damage will remove the shield and deal 5 damage to the health of the legend. After a battle, the legend has around 45 current health, performing the same healing of 15 with some rest will heal the legend for 15, its current health will be 60 after the rest. Resting more will allow the legend to heal back up to 100.
When a Legend takes damage, first reduce it from the shield(s), and the remainder is reduced from current health.
Reaching below 0 health
Legends below 0 current health become unconscious, no action can be taken until healing is performed. It is up to the narrator to determine the health of the Legend since this really depends on the situation.
There are effects that alter the amount of healing:
- Fully recovered - healing fully fills out current health.
- Well-rested - healing is doubled.
- Encouraged - healing is increased by 10.
- Poisoned - healing and shielding are limited to a max of 5.
- Cursed - any healing attempted is instead dealt as damage.