Late Legends features a cooldown-based system to determine what a legend can do in battles. There are two different types: action cooldowns and skill cooldowns.
Action - used for move, attack, skills or big actions in your turn. A legend gains two actions at the start of their turn. Usable within a legend’s turn.
- Big action: Opening a treasure box and peek what’s inside.
Special - used for skills or small actions. A legend gains one special at the start of each round. Usable within a legend’s turn.
- Small action: Picking up a weapon in an adjacent tile.
Ability - used for abilities to get a better understanding of the battlefield. Used each time a legend wants to attempt an ability roll. A legend gains one ability roll at the start of each round. Usable within or outside of a legend’s turn.
Reaction - used to perform a dodge roll (using 2 reactions) or a block roll (using 1 reaction). Multiple rolls can be performed in succession if the legend has the reactions available. A legend starts on two reactions at the start of battle and will gain two reactions at the start of each turn in the second round and onward.
Most skills require a skill cooldown and a round usable to be performed. Skill cooldowns are ready when the specific cooldown is on 0.
There are four different rarities for skill cooldowns:
- ▲ Common - used for skills of common rarity. Moves to 1 when used.
- ♦ Rare - used for skills of common or rare rarity. Moves to 2 when used.
- ⬟ Epic - used for skills of common, rare or epic rarity. Moves to 3 when used.
- ⬢ Ultimate - used for ultimate rarity only. Can be used once per battle.
At the start of each battle, all the skill cooldowns are ready to be used (they are placed on 0). At the start of a legend’s turn, reduce the common, rare and epic rarity by one.
Skill cooldowns are meant for battles only, class skills do not require anything from the skill cooldowns outside of battle.
See how over 240 skills are used in the list of Classes.