Core stats are six different stats, called: strength, intelligence, endurance, agility, sensory and luck. The core stats start on 0 and are increased by spending core stat points (see Level) and directly influence battle stats, abilities and specifics in skills.
Strength (STR) Determines the strength of a legend. This is mostly used on overpowering targets, moving targets and just looking insanely strong. Strength is also associated with physical prowess.
- Strength grants an ability point to increase the abilities score of Athletics, Alteration or Overpower by 1.
- Strength increases the battle stats: 3 Physical block chance, 1/4 Power, 1/2 Physical armor.
Intelligence (INT) Determines the power of the legend’s mind. This includes problem-solving, learning and memory. Intelligence is also associated with magical prowess.
- Intelligence grants an ability point to increase the abilities score of Physics, Sorcery or Civilization by 1.
- Intelligence increases the battle stats: 3 Magical block chance, 1/4 Power, 1/2 Magical armor.
Endurance (END) Determines the survivability of the legend. This includes the legend’s immune system, enduring long days of work and overall Health.
- Endurance grants an ability point to increase the abilities score of Fortitude, Willpower or Recovery by 1.
- Endurance increases the battle stats: 8 Max health, 1 Block bonus.
Agility (AGI) Determines how fast the legend is. This includes moving swiftly and quietly, pickpocketing and other agile movements. Agility will be used to determine who will act first when two or more characters want to do something at the same time.
- Agility grants an ability point to increase the abilities score of Acrobatics, Nimbleness or Trickery by 1.
- Agility increases the battle stats: 3% Dodge chance, 1/3 Movement, 1/2 Bonus true damage.
Sensory (SEN) Determines the legend’s expertise of using their senses. This includes everything that has to do with seeing, hearing, smelling and feeling, even sensing divine.
- Sensory grants an ability point to increase the abilities score of Awareness, Investigation or Empathy by 1.
- Sensory increases the battle stats: 1 Critical bonus, 1/2 bonus shield.
Luck (LUC) Determines how lucky the legend is. This is included specifically for random effects. Luck is also used when it makes no sense to use any other core stat.
- Luck grants an ability point to increase the abilities score of Fortune, Comfort or Persuasion by 1.
- Luck increases the battle stats: 2% Critical chance, 1 Save height.
Note: 0 strength does not mean a legend has no physical strength at all, it just means that no bonuses apply when a core stat roll for strength is performed.